New accelerator program for green technology startups has been launched, focusing on novel materials and resources, manufacturing processes and business model innovation. We’re offering a 3-month acceleration program consisting of a bootcamp, monthly development sprints and an international demo day.
The acceleration program includes
● The program starts at a boot-camp focusing on sustainable business modelling, impact analysis and networking during a2-day hybrid event in Riga, Latvia on 21–22 April 2022.
● Online workshops and mentoring sessions on green product development, design thinking, sales and marketing, fundraising and other relevant topics.
● Pitching training and international demo day at sTARTUp Day business festival in Tartu, Estonia on 24 August 2022 to showcase startups to investors and the startup community.
● A large pool of international mentors from Estonia, Latvia, France and Portugal. Participating startups will be introduced to a twinning partner for potential collaboration projects or client-sales.
● Best performing teams will have a chance for initial investment opportunities from Buildit (up to 50k €) and EIT Manufacturing (up to 100k €) with potential for follow-on investments in later rounds.
Applications are open until 31 March 2022. Please apply at www.f6s.com/greenma
EIT Manufacturing, as a financial supporter of the GreenMA program, reserves the right to get 1% equity as a program fee from participating startups.
Requirements for applicants
We are looking for early-stage startups and teams working in green technologies related to materials or resources, manufacturing processes, or business model innovation.
● Located in the EU.
● Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 5+, lower TRL will be considered case by case.
● Stage of the company in pre- or early revenue.
● Up to 2-years old (if a legal entity has already been registered).
● Minimum of two team members.
The GreenMA accelerator program is supported by EIT Manufacturing. The project partners are the University of Tartu, Buildit Accelerator, Baltic Innovation Agency, Aerospace Valley, INEGI and NESCTEC.
Background information about EIT Manufacturing
EIT Manufacturing is a partnership of more than 55 organisations, including Volkswagen, Volvo, Darmstadt University of Technology, the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), Siemens, the Slovak University of Technology, and Whirlpool Europe. This network has backing and support from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), an independent EU body set up to empower innovators to turn their best ideas into products, services and jobs for Europe.
The EIT was created in 2008 to drive Europe’s ability to innovate. As an integral part of Horizon2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation 2014-2020, it is a unique EU initiative, the only that fully integrates business, education and research. This Institute supports the development of dynamic pan-European partnerships among leading universities, research labs and companies — the Innovation Communities. Each one focuses on a specific global challenge and, so far, eight of them have been created: EIT Climate-KIC, EIT Digital, EIT Food, EIT Health, EIT InnoEnergy, EIT Manufacturing, EIT Raw Materials, EIT Urban Mobility.
EIT Manufacturing — Making Innovation Happen!